Pioneer DVD/ CD-ROM trouble
08-10-2007, 11:52 PM
Pioneer DVD/ CD-ROM trouble
I have Win Vista premium 32bit. I've updated vista and my motherboard (EVGA 680i LT) to the most recent drivers. I just bought a Vista compatible DVD burner/ CD burner. Its a Pioneer DVR-1810. (when I go to device manager it says its a DVR-112D ATA device) Confused me a bit. But my problem is that I can't get the driver to work. It says that the device driver was NOT installed correctly. (this is right after i hook it up and reboot.) So i mess around in bios and it recognizes the drive but when i go to "my computer" it doesn't show up. I also went to the Pioneer website to thier support page to download the driver but when i do I can't install it cause it says "Available target not found". I think its because they only give you the update to the original driver. I need the original driver. The device came with a cd but If i can't get my rom to work how can i look at the cd? I don't think there is any drivers on the cd. It just says "nero 7 essentials" which is the burning programs. I'm about to call the geek squad on this one. I'd rather not. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2007, 03:49 PM
RE: Pioneer DVD/ CD-ROM trouble
the basic drivers for all DVD's and CD's is a part of the operationg system. you should not need extra drivers to at least get the basic functions of the drive going.
08-13-2007, 11:01 PM
telstar Wrote:the basic drivers for all DVD's and CD's is a part of the operationg system. you should not need extra drivers to at least get the basic functions of the drive going.

I figured that part out but its still eluding me why it won't work. On the box is says "Works with vista" I looked online and it says works with Vista 32bit and 64bit. I have the 32 bit so it should work. I can locate the cd player in the device manager but it has that yellow exclamation mark telling me the driver was not installed correctly. then I go to the properties of the device and go to the drivers tab and then click update driver and it says it already has an up to date driver. Is it possible that the driver that came with my copy of windows is corrupted? I bought it over the internet as a download, I have no cd/dvd for installation and even if i did i cant read the disk. lol. Any more advice? thanks.
08-14-2007, 03:49 PM
send a message to both microsoft and Pioneer about the problem if it was xp i would have 1 other thing to try but its not. sry there.
08-30-2007, 02:34 PM
Just a note: the DVR-1810 is really the DVR-112D that comes with cds and an updated firmware.
09-12-2008, 06:37 PM
Wink RE: Pioneer DVD/ CD-ROM trouble
Make sure that the Drive is connected in the IDE Ribbon on master that would be the last connector in the ribbon and is set to master in the jumper of the drives. If you connected to the connector in the middle of the ribbon put your jumper in slave or CBL Select / Cable Select. If you keep having problem after this return the drive to the store. You should be able to read a cd if the drive is connected correctly...
01-03-2011, 03:58 PM
(08-13-2007 11:01 PM)gsdarkstar Wrote:  in the device manager but it has that yellow exclamation mark telling me the driver was not installed correctly.

For CD/DVD Devices, the important item to note is the Error Code. The Device Manager might well suggest reinstalling the drivers, but they are not the problem.

If it shows "Code 31", then you have a problem with "upperfilters" or "lowerfilters". Here's the solution: http://the-computer-site.com/missing-cd

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)