Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
XP Drivers for Gateway MT6839b
07-13-2012, 02:15 PM
XP Drivers for Gateway MT6839b
Does anyone know where I can find drivers for a Gateway MT 6839b Laptop. I can find Vista drivers but am advised these will not work with XP. The old Gateway company went burst some years ago.

The original SATA disk developed a fault and I need to re-install XP on new hard disk, but do not have a recovery disk with drivers.

Also, when I try to re-install XP, the new SATA drive is not recognised (Message "No hard disk found). I know this is because the instal disk does not contain the correct SATA driver. With a previous on another system I was able to change the BIOS setting to ATA / IDE, but the Gateway BIOS does not allow access to this. Any suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2012, 08:58 AM
RE: XP Drivers for Gateway MT6839b
(07-13-2012 02:15 PM)Highlander Wrote:  Also, when I try to re-install XP, the new SATA drive is not recognised (Message "No hard disk found). I know this is because the instal disk does not contain the correct SATA driver. With a previous on another system I was able to change the BIOS setting to ATA / IDE, but the Gateway BIOS does not allow access to this. Any suggestions?

To reinstall XP on a SATA drive, you will need to create a new XP installation CD that includes the correct SATA drivers.

* "nLite" is the tool used to create the new CD
* the TextMode drivers to add to your CD image can be found at Intel

The easier option is to purchase a USB Floppy Diskette Drive and a diskette.. but those are getting obsolete.

Invest the time in learning to use nLite

Once you have installed the operating system, run our DriverTuneUp program to get all the drivers for your laptop.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)