Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Unsolved] Epson EPL-5800L driver for Vista
04-09-2012, 06:12 AM
[Unsolved] Epson EPL-5800L driver for Vista
Hi there,

Have spent hours looking for a driver for a Epson Epl-5800l laser printer for a windows Vista 32-bit system.

This printer does not seem to have any support after windows XP. I would be vary grateful if anyone knows a way round this problem.

p.s

Have tried EPL-5800 drivers and many other similar drivers with no luck!

Kind regards
Bayleaf
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2012, 09:08 AM
RE: Epson EPL-5800L
(04-09-2012 06:12 AM)Bayleaf Wrote:  Hi there,

Have spent hours looking for a driver for a Epson Epl-5800l laser printer for a windows Vista 32-bit system.

This printer does not seem to have any support after windows XP. I would be vary grateful if anyone knows a way round this problem.

p.s

Kind regards
Bayleaf

Hi Bayleaf.

It would seem that no official Vista Driver has been released for this printer.

Have you tried manually installing the Windows XP driver using the INF file from here?

The XP driver may or may not work for this particular printer but it is worth a shot if you have not yet tried installing it manually.

Additionally, if you have an XP machine that is always on, you can connect the printer to the XP machine, install the printer driver, and then enable printer sharing and share the printer over your home or office network.

This method is also hit or miss as Vista may or may not prompt you again to install a specific driver for this printer.

Let us know how things work out.
04-10-2012, 05:38 AM
RE: Epson EPL-5800L
(04-09-2012 09:08 AM)KZ Wrote:  
(04-09-2012 06:12 AM)Bayleaf Wrote:  Hi there,

p.s

Kind regards
Bayleaf

Hi Bayleaf.

It would seem that no official Vista Driver has been released for this printer.

Have you tried manually installing the Windows XP driver using the INF file from here?

The XP driver may or may not work for this particular printer but it is worth a shot if you have not yet tried installing it manually.

Additionally, if you have an XP machine that is always on, you can connect the printer to the XP machine, install the printer driver, and then enable printer sharing and share the printer over your home or office network.

This method is also hit or miss as Vista may or may not prompt you again to install a specific driver for this printer.

Let us know how things work out.

Hi KZ,

I have already tried the manual installation of the XP driver and I am not in a position to share the printer but really appreciate your help.

Many thanks

Bayleaf

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)