Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mustek 600CU scanner (USB)
02-17-2012, 03:23 PM
Mustek 600CU scanner (USB)
Need a driver for this under XP Home and Vista (It will be used on two hosts).
Assistance much appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2012, 03:38 PM
RE: Mustek 600CU scanner (USB)
(02-17-2012 03:23 PM)lostit Wrote:  Need a driver for this under XP Home and Vista (It will be used on two hosts).

You will find a 32-bit driver for it here:
http://driverzone.com/%7B8ec37225-1a74-4...dde9a93%7D
02-17-2012, 04:00 PM
Thanks for amazingly prompt response. I got the download, unpacked it , 'install' gets the message "This installer is for Windows 2000 only" and nothing happens.

I'm missing something!

(02-17-2012 03:38 PM)DriverGuru Wrote:  
(02-17-2012 03:23 PM)lostit Wrote:  Need a driver for this under XP Home and Vista (It will be used on two hosts).

You will find a 32-bit driver for it here:
http://driverzone.com/%7B8ec37225-1a74-4...dde9a93%7D
02-21-2012, 08:52 AM
(02-17-2012 04:00 PM)lostit Wrote:  Thanks for amazingly prompt response. I got the download, unpacked it , 'install' gets the message "This installer is for Windows 2000 only" and nothing happens.

I'm missing something!

Yes, I missed it too. The Windows2000 driver is also for WinXP, but there are some additional steps required. All the info can be found at http://www.mustek.com.tw/Download/html/europe-xp.html
02-22-2012, 05:38 AM
Thank you. I seem to have an attack of gremlins.

1) I got the Mustec page, followed the info, everything seems ok until...

Restart pc, message flashed on screen "install failed". Sure enough, nothing there.

2) Repeat procedure from the top, ditto but no "fail " message.

Plug in scanner, instead of one "bong" to announce new device, I get four very fast. No icons or whatever to indicate scanner detected. Under "start/all programs" I have "Mustek CU600" but the only entry is "uninstall". Went round the "control panel/ scanners and Cameras/install new device" loop. Just doesn't find anything.

3) Repeat 2) Same result.

4) Tried to install the original CD under fixwpxp.exe. Nothing doing: "Your version of Win95 (!!!!!!) does not have......"

Any suggestions gratefully recieved.
02-22-2012, 07:43 AM
Please connect the scanner, then download and run our DriverZone Scanner program.

This will tell me what is happening, and where we need to go from here.

When you have the scan results on your screen, post the short ScanID number here.
02-22-2012, 01:04 PM
(02-22-2012 07:43 AM)DriverGuru Wrote:  Please connect the scanner, then download and run our DriverZone Scanner program.

When you have the scan results on your screen, post the short ScanID number here.

ScanID: Z4E7A159

Thanks
02-23-2012, 11:27 AM
Your scan results show the driver for the scanner has not been installed. Please download the attached driver and unzip into a new folder.

Using the Device Manager, right-click the unknown "USB Device" and choose Update Driver. Use the advanced mode to install the driver from the new folder.

(02-22-2012 01:04 PM)lostit Wrote:  
(02-22-2012 07:43 AM)DriverGuru Wrote:  Please connect the scanner, then download and run our DriverZone Scanner program.

Thanks

The attached zip file contains the just the driver files from the Windows 2000 package, without any installer

Attached File(s)
.zip  Mustek_600CU-1.zip (Size: 1.66 MB / Downloads: 19)
02-23-2012, 06:04 PM

Thankyou. I've done that and it's definitely moved matters forward....

(If you should decide that Ballroom Dancing would be more rewarding I will understand)

Driverscan (Same ID) delivers a green tick for a CU600 scanner.

"My Computer" doesn't list the scanner. The Scanner does have a green light which appears to acknowledge a connection to the PC.

"Control Panel/ Scanners and Cameras" lists CU600. "Properties" offers a test which reports "passed diagnostic tests" and the scanner head moves. "Events" offers a link to two "Epson" features, neither of which is appropriate so I've set it to 'Ignore'

The Scanner and Camera Wizard reports "cannot detect scanner". I started down the "Add device" wizard and thought better of it since it requires "select from a list" which does not have Mustek or 'have disc', which I haven't.

I can't find any way to instruct it to "go". I've tried re-booting and disabled Trend Browser Guard, but not Kaspersky Internet Security. I've tried disconnect/ reconnect of the scanner.

I appreciate very much your help, but begin to think I'm abusing your kindness. At some point we'll have to give up, but that's your call.

Thanks
02-24-2012, 07:46 AM
From MS Paint or Kodak Imaging (or similar softare - PaintShopPro, PhotoShop, etc) you should see an "Acquire" menu item.

From there make sure the Mustek scanner has been selected as the Image Source... then the other Acquire menu item can be used to scan an image.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)