Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Driver for LG Flash drive
01-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Driver for LG Flash drive
A friend of mine some how managed to delete the driver on her LG Flash Drive (model: UBVB1GS01L). The Main LG site does not have a driver for it, and the only real driver I can find is for windows 98, but I need a windows XP driver.

The Flash drive appears under unknown devices and tells me that it has no drivers installed. I am currently unable to update the driver automatically, because my computer cannot find one, on the internet, or from anything installed on my computer (which includes the LG Flash Recovery, and Flash Utility).

Thank you in advance for all who seek to help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-2007, 09:20 AM
RE: Driver for LG Flash drive
flash memory drives are a part of windows basic driver set. you should not need any special software from LG just to access it. try completly deleting the device then remove the hardware. then reboot the computer and plug in the device.
01-22-2007, 03:34 PM
The device is found but unrecognized, with the computer saying that the device has malfunctioned, and that there are no drivers on said device. When your suggestion is tried, the same thing happens. It is also unable to locate any drivers to install on the device.

It may simply need to be replaced, but I appreciate you taking the time to respond.
01-23-2007, 02:12 PM
have you tried maybe pluging it into another computer to see it the results are the same?
01-23-2007, 08:23 PM
Yea, happens on hers, mine, and the school computers.
02-17-2007, 06:25 PM
I have the same problem. I think I accidentaly deleted the driver off of the flash drive itself. I can't imagine how, I wouldn't think you would have access to it but however it happened, I just need to download the driver again. If anyone could post a link to a site that allows for a download that'd be great.
02-23-2007, 05:21 AM
Same issue here, I'm not so sure the driver was deleted, I think these flash drives are very poorly made and they become corrupted for whatever reason. I suppose thats what I get for trying to save a few dollars. Anyway, I did send a request to have someone at "LG" assist myself and others who are having the same problems, as soon as I get a reply or a fix, I will post it here to pass along the info.
02-23-2007, 02:47 PM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2007 02:50 PM by telstar.)
im sorry unless someone who has the product with any driver disk will make it available then we're kind of stuck here
i did notice that it has support for USB 1.x and 2.0 if you were previously using USB 1.x try plugging it into a USB 2.0 port.
03-10-2007, 12:36 PM
O.K. everyone...  Found It!!!!  LG hid the files under this link:
http://us.lgservice.com/gcsc/b2c/hpi/mai...and.SwlCmd

Third item down the list.  There are two different files to download.  Fist one is utilities, the second one is the drivers for Windows 98.  Self executable file.  Runs well, no gliches on my end.
mgr
01-27-2008, 04:30 PM
This link is no longer valid. Does anyone else have a valid one?

[quote=mgr]
O.K. everyone... Found It!!!! LG hid the files under this link:
http://us.lgservice.com/gcsc/b2c/hpi/mai...and.SwlCmd
01-27-2008, 04:31 PM
Why do I always have a knack (?spelling) for buying a product that looks and sounds good and afterwards I discover it is obsolete and there is no tech support nor drivers available ANYWHERE??!!

Argggghhh!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)