dvd-rom
01-10-2007, 05:03 PM
dvd-rom
Hello all,feel a bit silly really,but not up to speed with pc's,can someome help,i recently bought new laptop and gave my son my desk top,well he only a teenager,decided to alter things,he has deleted the dvd-rom or cd rom,with ever you usually use to load software etc,i have tried to find a disc he put in by looking in my computer,to no avail.you can hear the disc going round but nothing happens and cannot find,is it possible just need drivers or new rom altogether,please,please,please help.Sad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2007, 02:45 PM
RE: dvd-rom
check in the device manager and see if it is listed there. if it is try to assign a drive letter there. if it still wont then see this link.
http://www.totallydrivers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=582

if that doesnt help you may need to reinstall windows from scratch.
01-12-2007, 06:20 AM
telstar Wrote:check in the device manager and see if it is listed there. if it is try to assign a drive letter there. if it still wont then see this link.
http://www.totallydrivers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=582

if that doesnt help you may need to reinstall windows from scratch.

thankyou for your advice,however i can see the drive if run in safe mode,but obviuosly you cant do alot then,but in normal mode cant see it or dvd rw,the system is win 98se how would i go about reinstall windows from scratch.i did manage to find the drive at one point but wasnt able to asign a drive letter.i have a windows 98se disc got from friend if i reinstall would i be prompted for serial no etc,thankyou.
01-12-2007, 01:31 PM
set up your bios to boot from CD and put your windows install software in the CD. if you do not have a bootable CD then set it to boot from a floppy the windows install floppy will load generic CD drivers and proceed from there.
01-12-2007, 04:17 PM
telstar Wrote:set up your bios to boot from CD and put your windows install software in the CD. if you do not have a bootable CD then set it to boot from a floppy the windows install floppy will load generic CD drivers and proceed from there.

what is bios and how do i find it,i have a win98 cd will the pc still reconize it even though cant find drive,sorry not computer literate..Shy
01-12-2007, 04:56 PM
when you are starting up the computer you should get a screen that counts memory and detects the hardware (hard drives and that sort of thing) at the bottom it should usually say "press to enter setup. this is usually the or key. once in setup you want either boot screen or advanced bios screen and then first boot device or boot sequence adjust either so that CD-ROM is first
02-02-2011, 03:32 AM
A dvd rom doesn't need a driver to run .find the disc it might be around there.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-02-2011, 06:34 AM
(02-02-2011 03:32 AM)pankaj kumar Wrote:  A dvd rom doesn't need a driver to run .find the disc it might be around there.

What disk?
01-28-2014, 11:43 PM
does dvd rom comes with cd writer or alone now a days
or is there a dvd writer.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)