pci device; code 28
12-07-2007, 02:30 AM
pci device; code 28
ok.. I'm gonna apologize ahead of time for not knowing a whole lot about computer details. So if i ask a lot of questions, sorry.

anyways, I have a "code 28" on a PCI device. I have an Acer Aspire 3050. if you need more information, please ask & if you could.. let me know where to get that info. like i said, i may or may not know where to get that info...

thank you so much for your time and patience
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2007, 03:39 PM
RE: pci device; code 28
according to microsoft this simply means that the device drivers for this device is not installed. you need to find the driver for the particular device. usually a CD that came with it.
12-07-2007, 05:11 PM
thanx for the reply...

theres a little problem though... What happened was, my laptop had a virus on it. So what I did was reinstalled windows with one of my friends cd because my laptop didn't come with a cd to setup windows. Of course before I reinstalled windows, i backed up the driver files. I was able to install everything but the PCI device. & with some info provided else where, i came to somewhat of a conclusion that it's the (conexant) modem. I did try to install the modem but the installation was unable to locate the modem. i believe the modem is a conexant universal device... it was the setup title was, not sure where exactly to get the actual manufacturer for it.

telstar Wrote:according to microsoft this simply means that the device drivers for this device is not installed. you need to find the driver for the particular device. usually a CD that came with it.
12-07-2007, 06:09 PM
oh.. and this is the "device instance id">>

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_437B&SUBSYS_010F1025&REV_01\3&13C0B0C5&0&A2

can any one maybe give me a link to where i can download the update? it would be SO great! (^_^)

sk8er_boy2486 Wrote:thanx for the reply...

theres a little problem though... What happened was, my laptop had a virus on it. So what I did was reinstalled windows with one of my friends cd because my laptop didn't come with a cd to setup windows. Of course before I reinstalled windows, i backed up the driver files. I was able to install everything but the PCI device. & with some info provided else where, i came to somewhat of a conclusion that it's the (conexant) modem. I did try to install the modem but the installation was unable to locate the modem. i believe the modem is a conexant universal device... it was the setup title was, not sure where exactly to get the actual manufacturer for it.

telstar Wrote:according to microsoft this simply means that the device drivers for this device is not installed. you need to find the driver for the particular device. usually a CD that came with it.
12-08-2007, 01:18 AM
OMG! i figured it out!.. sorta not really... I reinstalled a different windows & i found out that the PCI device was "HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP"... i definitely got the sound going but.. i wanted the windows service pack 3 that my friend gave me (-_-) i just LOVED it... until i fould out that i couldnt figure out the problem with the audio.... but at least no virus & i have sound (^_^)
11-15-2008, 07:45 PM
my computer is giving me a devcon 32.dll not working what do i do
03-05-2012, 07:40 AM
(12-08-2007 01:18 AM)sk8er_boy2486 Wrote:  OMG! i figured it out!.. sorta not really... I reinstalled a different windows & i found out that the PCI device was "HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP"... i definitely got the sound going but.. i wanted the windows service pack 3 that my friend gave me (-_-) i just LOVED it... until i fould out that i couldnt figure out the problem with the audio.... but at least no virus & i have sound (^_^)

If you are using Windows XP with anything less than SP3, Microsoft did not include support for "High Definition Audio". You will see it listed in the Device Manager as "PCI Device"

In such cases, the first step is to download and install the update from Microsoft. It's called "KB888111"
03-05-2012, 09:58 AM
(11-15-2008 07:45 PM)alvin Wrote:  my computer is giving me a devcon 32.dll not working what do i do

You can use System File Checker to replace devcon32.dll if it is missing or corrupt.

From a command prompt run:

sfc /scannow

If a backup copy of your system files was not created during Windows installation, you may be prompted to insert your Windows CD\DVD.

Restart your computer and check if the problem has gone away. If not, continue reading...

decon32.dll is usually used by sound and audio. If System File Checker does not fix your problem, it may not be the preinstalled copy that comes with Windows that is causing the problem. Reinstalll your sound/audio drivers and reboot your computer again to check if the problem is fixed.

Let us know how things go.
01-28-2014, 11:45 PM
I have an XPS/Dimension XPS Gen 4 desktop and have been trying to install a new sound card. It worked once but after I restarted the computer it stopped working. I went and checked the hardware under 'My Computer' and it said that:
PCI Device : This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)
PCI Modem: The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
PCI Modem: This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

None of the slots seem to work,

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)