unable to install conexant universal device (modem)
12-07-2007, 01:14 PM
unable to install conexant universal device (modem)
I do have another thread with an issue. I thought that was it, but now i "think" the issue with my audio is that i cant install my conexant universal device (modem).. it says it can't find the modem device for the driver. i REALLY need sound & i can worry about the pci device (i think its the graphics accelerator)... i use my laptop for work & i need sound! ugh! i'm out of commission if i cant get this to work!...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2007, 03:41 PM
RE: unable to install conexant universal device (modem)
a modem is a telephone connection not sound. it may be related. but it is not the sound.
12-07-2007, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2007 05:20 PM by hamoudi.)
lol i actually know what a modem is lol i was hesitant to say that.  but i seriously dont know what to do with this issue...  i went over to geek squad and the told me that...  well they didnt tell me a whole lot and advised to do a diagnostic.  but before i spend any money, i would like to know some input into what i can do.  The say that my laptop recognize the  PCI Device (modem we're assuming) and there might be a conflict between the "modem" and laptop (windows/configuration, etc)... Â

I guess that wont really help my audio issue really.  but anyways, all of my audio drivers & card bus is all installed.  I just cant get any sound.

[[[what happened was my laptop had a virus & i reinstalled windows with my friends cd.  of course i backed up the drivers just in case...  i was able to install everything but the modem. back to the same issue but maybe it'll help... and every time i try to install it, it says installer cannot find modem on this device]]]

telstar Wrote:a modem is a telephone connection not sound. it may be related. but it is not the sound.
09-12-2008, 06:05 PM
I would star by taking out the modem and solve the problem with the sound card. Check the Irq on the system. Make sure there is no conflict with the IRQ. If the modem have some kind of sound device integrated like high definition sound that might be the problem. What Operating System you are putting in the computer? Sometimes Windows XP wont support the new high definition on the modems and Vista will do that with no problem. The best thing to fix the computer is to put your computer Operating System, go to the manufacture website and download drivers from there and no your friend CD because the CD migth program somethig else, (OEM configuration). No all computer have the same hardware...
02-02-2011, 07:25 AM
(12-07-2007 05:18 PM)sk8er_boy2486 Wrote:  lol i actually know what a modem is lol i was hesitant to say that.  but i seriously dont know what to do with this issue...  i went over to geek squad and the told me that...  well they didnt tell me a whole lot and advised to do a diagnostic.  but before i spend any money, i would like to know some input into what i can do.  The say that my laptop recognize the  PCI Device (modem we're assuming) and there might be a conflict between the "modem" and laptop (windows/configuration, etc)... Â

I guess that wont really help my audio issue really.  but anyways, all of my audio drivers & card bus is all installed.  I just cant get any sound.

[[[what happened was my laptop had a virus & i reinstalled windows with my friends cd.  of course i backed up the drivers just in case...  i was able to install everything but the modem. back to the same issue but maybe it'll help... and every time i try to install it, it says installer cannot find modem on this device]]]

telstar Wrote:a modem is a telephone connection not sound. it may be related. but it is not the sound.

Your "PCI Device" is your High Definition Audio bus .. but your copy of Windows does not know anything about it.

Both your modem and audio are connected to this Bus. It is a two step process to get your audio working.

1. Install Microsoft Update KB888111

2. Install your specific HighDef audio driver. From the limited information provided, we cannot give you the correct driver. We need at the minimum, a HardwareID and the Operating System

Download KB888111 from http://driveragent.com/files/

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)