DriverZone Forum

Full Version: BTC 8120 PC/AT Ergo Keyboard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would appreciate any help getting my ergonomic keyboard to work on my PC or Mac:

Manufacturer: BTC

Model: 8120

FCC ID: E5XKBP10910U

OS #1: Windows XP

OS #2: Mac OS X.4.10 "Tiger" [really, I need help finding something that lets me use a PC/AT Keyboard (DIN 5) on Tiger, which disabled support for PS/2. I have a converter that lets me use a PS/2 keyboard with Tiger, but the adapter I have (DIN 5 to 6, i.e. PC/AT to PS/2) apparently isn't good enough, or maybe I need software. Argh!]

THANKS so much in advance for any help!
unfortunatly the only advice i have for this would be replacing the keyboard with any $10-$25 keyboard of newer design. older ps2 design took into consideration the adaptors but i doubt that newer motherboards still do. in fact most manufacturers are moving more towards USB keyboards.
Thank you for your thought, and I definitely know that the new motherboards don't take PS/1 (or PC/AT, DIN 5, whatever the darn thing is called! Smile  ). That is exactly why I am having so much trouble! Unfortunately, I can't find anything like it. I need a keyboard that splits and stretches far apart, and I got this one cheap in Europe a few years ago. Even better, the left half of the spacebar functions as a delete ("Eraze-Eaze"). Check it out:

[Image: 4604572]

[Image: btc8120.jpg]

Heck, if I could find anything like this that one for $50, I'd be all over it. Even if it just worked on the PC OR the Mac! Unfortunately, most "split" keyboards don't move more than an inch or two apart, if they even move at all. Any suggestions welcome, of course...as a grad student taking out more loans every year, I am at my wit's end when I can't use my voice recognition...but thanks again so much just for responding! Appreciate the thoughtfulness very much.

telstar Wrote:unfortunatly the only advice i have for this would be replacing the keyboard with any $10-$25 keyboard of newer design. older ps2 design took into consideration the adaptors but i doubt that newer motherboards still do. in fact most manufacturers are moving more towards USB keyboards.
i see... but for the face that first pic could be me. :-)
have you tried this. (maybe not the most straightforward) since you do have an adaptor that came with the kb get a kb splitter box and see if it solves your problem. (i assume that this has worked in a ps2 connector some time in the not too distant past on other hardware?) if not maybe just try a different adaptor. any way, its not going to be any software fix that corrects this.
Reference URL's