DriverZone Forum

Full Version: ion slides 2 pc express
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a slide and negative scanner, but it won't work on my pc even though the device manager says it is working. I'm told the problem might be that I don't have a compatible driver (possibly a TWAIN driver?). Wrote to Ion, but not got a satisfactory reply yet. Anyone help?

PC
Fujitsu Pentium 4 2.53GHz
1GB RAM
Windows XP Home SP3
USB 2.0

Software supplied with scanner: MediaImpression 2
(04-17-2012 12:08 PM)duvet Wrote: [ -> ]This is a slide and negative scanner, but it won't work on my pc even though the device manager says it is working. I'm told the problem might be that I don't have a compatible driver (possibly a TWAIN driver?). Wrote to Ion, but not got a satisfactory reply yet. Anyone help?

PC
Fujitsu Pentium 4 2.53GHz
1GB RAM
Windows XP Home SP3
USB 2.0

Software supplied with scanner: MediaImpression 2

Welcome to the forum.

Have you installed the scanner driver from ION?

If you did and it has been installed properly you should see at least one of the following in device manager:

"OmniVision PC Camera WDM Capture"
"OmniVision PC Camera VFW Capture"
"OVT Scanner"

Do you see any of these listed? They would most likely be listed under "Imaging devices".

If you do not see the driver installed or have not installed the ION scanner driver, download it from here.

Then try to scan your slides or negatives with Photo Impression again.

If you have any additional trouble... with the scanner connected and powered on, please scan your computer using the DriverZone Scanner and post the link to your scan results with your reply.

Please let us know how things go.
(04-17-2012 12:08 PM)duvet Wrote: [ -> ]This is a slide and negative scanner, but it won't work on my pc even though the device manager says it is working. I'm told the problem might be that I don't have a compatible driver (possibly a TWAIN driver?). Wrote to Ion, but not got a satisfactory reply yet. Anyone help?

I see you have run the scan twice... the second time includes a 5 megapixel imaging device called "USB Video Device #2" (ScanID: ZD85B6F6). I am assuming this is your Ion slie scanner.

The bad news is the HardwareID associated with this device (USB\Vid_115b&Pid_3150) does not match up with the software link given by KZ.

The good news is that it should work. From the drawing package in OpenOffice.org, choose Insert -> Picture -> Scan.
Reference URL's